In the wake of the outbreak of the 2019 novel coronavirus, many countries and regions have implemented new immigration control measures as follows:
Flights to and from China have been suspended from February 2nd, 2020.
2. The Republic of Azerbaijan/阿塞拜疆
Starting from February 1st, 2020, services of issuing e-visa and visa on arrival at Baku international Airport have been suspended for Chinese citizens holding ordinary passports.
Starting from February 1st, 2020, all people departing from mainland China have been prohibited from entering the country. (Australian citizens, permanent residents and his/her immediate family members, legal guardians or spouse excluded)
4. Papua New Guinea/巴布亚新几内亚
All people who have travelled to Hubei Province in the past three weeks are banned from entering the country. The other passengers have to take health tests and fill in health declaration forms before getting on Papua New Guinea-bound flights.
All Chinese citizens entering the country are required to fill in the questionnaire on suspected coronavirus and be treated in isolation for 14 days after entry.
6. Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands（Saipan）/北马里亚纳群岛联邦（塞班岛）
All passengers from mainland China (regardless of their nationality, including direct or transit flights) have been temporarily banned from entering the region for 30 days starting from January 29th, 2020.
7. North Korea/朝鲜
Chinese citizens are temporarily prohibited from entering the country, and all recent travellers, including North Korean citizens, are subject to 30 days of isolation observation.
8. Equatorial Guinea/赤道几内亚
From January 31st, 2020, all passengers from China’s airports aren’t allowed to enter Equatorial Guinea, and have to returned by the original flights.
1) Russia suspended the issuance of work visas and tourist e-visas for Chinese citizens, and the visa-free travel of Chinese tourist groups.
2) It temporarily closed all Russia-China border ports, and banned Chinese citizens from entering Russia through Mongolia.
3) Body temperature examination for incoming passengers at international airports such as Moscow and Yekaterinburg.
4) In addition, all entry personnel shall be subject to health quarantine and temperature measurement at frontier inspection stations in the coastal area, and those with suspicious symptoms shall be isolated.
10. Republic of the Philippines/菲律宾
The Philippine temporarily tightened the issuance of visas to Chinese Hubei citizens, and suspended the issuance of visa on arrival to Chinese citizens.
Fiji bans entry and flight transit of non-Fiji citizens who have traveled to China in the past 14 days. The ban is effective February 2nd, 2020 until further notice.
12. The Republic of Congo/刚果(布)
Visitors from “high risk countries” will be treated in isolation for 14 days at a hotel in the outskirts of the capital Brazzaville.
Starting from February 2nd, 2020, foreign tourists visiting China in the past 14 days are prohibited from entering the country.
The 72-hour visa-free transit policy for Chinese citizens will be suspended until July 1st, 2020. Kazakhstan will suspend work on the Horgos Border Cooperation Center. Land and air passenger transport between Kazakhstan and mainland China has been temporarily suspended, and visa issuance to Chinese citizens has also been suspended.
15. South Korea/韩国
Starting from February 4th, 2020, all foreign nationals who have visited China’s Hubei Province in the past 14 days are prohibited from entering the country. Visa-on-arrival on Jeju Island is also temporarily suspended.
The border port between Kyrgyzstan and China has been temporarily closed from February 1st, 2020. And all flights between the two countries and visa issuance to Chinese citizens have also been suspended.
17. Czech Republic/捷克
No visa applications for Chinese citizens from January 30th, 2020.
People holding Chinese passports and Hong Kong SAR passports, as well as persons of other nationalities who have entered or stayed in mainland China and Hong Kong in the past two weeks, are prohibited from entering the country.
Direct flights between China and Maldives have been suspended from January 31st, 2020.
Malaysia suspended all visa and entry convenience measures for Hubei citizens of China.
1) Prohibit the entry of Hubei citizens of China. All ports in Malaysia will screen the passports’ issuing place and air ticket information of passengers. You will be denied entry if you have passports with issuing place of Hubei Province, records of visiting Hubei Province in the past month, and the air tickets featuring departure place of Hubei Province;
2) All Chinese and other international passengers are required to have their body temperature tested at the International Immigration arrival. All passengers who are refused to enter Malaysia will be arranged by their airlines for follow-up return;
3) If they are not within the above-mentioned restricted entry scope, but born in Hubei, the Immigration Bureau of Malaysia has the right to further inquire and check the air tickets, and release them after confirming that there is no problem, and the passengers need to prepare the itinerary information of nearly 2 to 3 months and the itinerary list of round-trip air tickets for inspection;
4) Sabah of Malaysia does not allow Chinese citizens to enter through direct flights.
5) Sarawak of Malaysia prohibits all Chinese citizens and foreigners who have visited China in the past 14 days from entering Sarawak. The date of lifting the ban will be further notified. Foreigners with work visa, study visa and long-term residence permit are excluded, but must be forced to stay home in quarantine for 14 days.
21. Marshall Islands/马绍尔群岛
Any passenger from or transit through China must stay in a country which is not affected by the new coronavirus (China is currently identified by the Marshall Islands as the only affected country) for at least 14 days, and those arriving in less than 14 days will be refused entry.
1) Foreigners who have visited China in the past 14 days (excluding immediate family members of US citizens and permanent residents) have been temporarily banned from entering America from 5 p.m. on February 2nd, 2020.
2) Flights from China will only be allowed to enter seven airports in the United States, namely, New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Seattle, Atlanta and Honolulu, so as to screen passengers.
3) The official website of the U.S. Embassy in China announced that it would cancel the appointment interview of all immigrant and non-immigrant visas during the week from February 3nd to February 7th, 2020, and the specific time to resume visa service is still uncertain.
From February 1st to March 2nd, 2020, it is forbidden for Chinese citizens and third-party national tourists passing through China to enter Mongolia.
Starting from February 2nd, 2020, Bangladesh has suspended the visa on arrival for Chinese citizens. The Chinese citizens are required to obtain a visa before entering the country.
The service of issuing visa on arrival to Chinese tourists has been suspended from February 1st, 2020, and will resume as the conditions permit.
Starting from February 1st, 2020, foreigners who have stayed in Hubei Province within 14 days before the date of application for entry, and Chinese who hold Chinese passports issued by Hubei Province shall be refused entry.
27. The Republic of El Salvador/萨尔瓦多
Starting from January 1st, 2020, The Republic of El Salvador bans entry of foreign nationals who have been in China in recent days.
All visitors are required to fill in a special health declaration card and show the certificate issued by the hospital within three days before departure. Personnel from countries affected by the new coronavirus must stay for 14 days in countries where no new coronavirus has been found before arriving in Samoa, and issue relevant physical examination certificate, otherwise they may be refused entry.
29. Sri Lanka/斯里兰卡
Chinese tourists visiting Sri Lanka must apply for electronic travel permit (EIA) on the website in advance. The Bandaranaike International Airport in Sri Lanka no longer accepts visa on arrival application from Chinese tourists. All airlines shall issue boarding passes after confirming that Chinese tourists hold e-Travel permits.
30.Trinidad and Tobago/特立尼达和多巴哥
Passengers coming from or passing through China, regardless of their nationalities, are not allowed to entry the country for 14 days after leaving China.
31. Brunei Darussalam/文莱
Brunei Darussalam continues to issue visa on arrival to Chinese citizens. Chinese citizens from Hubei Province or visitors with passports issued in Hubei Province and who were in Hubei province within the past 14 days before arriving in Brunei Darussalam are also barred from entry into the country, with the exception of the citizens and permanent residents of Brunei Darussalam.
Uzbekistan has suspended all flights to and from China starting February 1st, 2020.
Starting from February 2nd, 2020, Singapore blocked the entry and transit of people who had traveled to mainland China in the previous 14 days. Singapore has stopped issuing visas to Chinese citizens with passports. The provisions of previously issued short-term visas, multiple-visit visas and visa-free transit facilities for such travelers are also suspended. New permanent residents and long-term permit holders can enter Singapore and apply for 14 -days leave on their own initiative.
34. New Zealand/新西兰
Starting from February 3rd, 2020, New Zealand denies entry to foreigners traveling from or transiting through mainland China. The ban will last up to 14 days and will be reassessed after that.
Starting from February 1st to March 31st, 2020, Armenia suspends its visa-free agreement with China.
Chinese citizens are prohibited from entering Iraq through border ports and airports. The ban lasts up to one month.
Starting February 3rd, 2020, all commercial flights running between mainland China and Israel have been temporarily suspended. Foreigners who have visited China in the past two weeks and non-permanent residents will be prohibited from entering the country until further notice.
Italy declared a state of emergency and canceled all direct flights between China and Italy.
The service of issuing E-visas to Chinese passport holders and applicants of other nationalities residing in China stands temporarily suspended. This also applies to the aforementioned people holding E-visas.
The 135 entry-exit ports across the country have strengthened quarantine measures for passengers on direct flights departing from mainland China and Hong Kong to Indonesia, as well as the passengers with a transit in Thailand, Singapore and other countries on their way to Indonesia. Temperature detection equipment has been installed at ports all over the country. Passengers are required to fill in the declaration card and take it with them for 1-2 weeks when they enter the country.
Direct flights between China and Iran have been temporarily suspended, but there is no restrictions on passengers passing through a third country.
Vietnam halts issuance of tourist visas to those staying in China in the last two weeks starting January 31st, 2020. Vietnam also suspends all flights to and from China. Besides, entry and exit applications at the Dongxing – Mong Cai border-crossing are also barred.
All passengers arriving at Chad will undergo temperature checks and hand disinfection at the N’Djamena International Airport. All passengers from Wuhan will be required for a 14-day medical observation.
44. Albania, Afghanistan, United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Ethiopia, Angola, Bahrain, Brazil, Bulgaria, North Macedonia, Iceland, Poland, Germany, East Timor, Dominica, France, The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Georgia, Djibouti, Canada, Ghana, Gabon, Zimbabwe, Comoros, Laos, Lebanon, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mexico, South Africa, Nepal, Nigeria, Serbia, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Greece, the UK and Chile
Visitors to these countries will undergo stricter temperature checks and any suspected cases will be immediately taken in isolation. Some countries will require Chinese citizens to fill out and submit health declaration forms. (The forms are generally provided by the staff on the transportation means such as flights or at the entry site of the destination country, which shall be filled in as required and submitted at the time of entry. Specific information are subject to the destination country’s requirements)
阿尔巴尼亚, 阿富汗, 阿联酋, 埃及, 埃塞俄比亚, 安哥拉, 巴林, 巴西, 保加利亚, 北马其顿, 冰岛, 波兰, 德国, 东帝汶, 多米尼加, 法国, 刚果(金), 格鲁吉亚,吉布提, 加拿大, 加纳, 加蓬, 津巴布韦, 科摩罗, 老挝, 黎巴嫩, 马达加斯加, 毛里塔尼亚, 墨西哥, 南非, 尼泊尔, 尼日利亚, 塞尔维亚, 塔吉克斯坦, 泰国, 土耳其, 土库曼斯坦, 乌克兰, 希腊, 英国, 智利
Note: Data deadline of this article is as of February 3rd, 2020. For reference only, and it is subject to official update.