The Filipino Association in Xiamen or FAX, is the association of all Filipinos permanently or temporarily residing in Xiamen City, China.
It was organized in 1997 alongside with the establishment of Philippine Consulate General in Xiamen City. The association first president was the late Architect Manuel Teh and Engineer Roman Go of Manila Xiamen International School as adviser, also during of the first Philippine Consul General in Xiamen, Renato Villapando.
Among others, the main objectives and functions of the association are:
- To unite as a community for all Filipinos in Xiamen;
- To promote Filipino culture and ideals;
- To be in partner with the Philippine Consulate General in Xiamen in its various functions; programs and any endeavors.
- To provide assistance to Filipinos during emergencies;
- To establish communication and support network among Filipinos in Xiamen and Fujian Province;
- To provide assistance back to the Philippines and to the host community;
Some of the yearly regular activities;
Chinese New Year Celebrations
Easter Holiday Fun Games and Bingo Socials
Annual Labor Day Sportsfest
Annual Friendly Bowling Tournament
with Singapore Club of Fujian
Philippine Independence Day Celebrations
Summer Holidays Activities & Events
Mid-Autumn Festival; Annual General Assembly
China National Day Holidays Celebration
Bingo Games Socials
Christmas and Year End Party Celebrations